Cosmetic Dental Bonding in Abootsford
Looking to change your smile? Our dentists at Clayburn Dental in Abbotsford provide dental bonding to help restore and improve the appearance of teeth that are stained, chipped, cracked, or separated by gaps.
What is dental bonding?
Bonding uses tooth-coloured material called composite resin to make repairs to teeth. The composite resin is placed on the tooth, then carefully shaped and hardened with light.
Tooth Bonding in Abbotsford: The Benefits
The composite resin can be:
- closely matched to your tooth colour
- shaped to look much like the missing part of a chipped tooth
- used to build up teeth and fill in between them
- used on a broken tooth to help restore it to its previous size
- placed over a stained tooth to make it match more closely with the colour of your natural teeth
Dental bonding can offer cosmetic and restorative benefits:
- Repairs decayed or damaged teeth
- Fills gaps between teeth
- Mends discoloured teeth
- Changes the shape of teeth
- Protects exposed gums
Do bonded teeth require special care?
Bonded teeth do not require any specific special care. In fact, taking care of your bonded teeth shouldn't be difficult at all.
Simply follow a good oral hygiene routine. Brushing teeth at least twice a day and flossing at least once a day is required.
Because bonding material can chip, it is important to avoid such habits as biting fingernails; biting on hard objects such as pens and ice; or using your bonded teeth to open things.
If you do notice any sharp edges on a bonded tooth or if your tooth feels odd when you bite down, please contact us.